Home › Press Releases › Note for Indian Companies interested in registering in Malaysia
HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA
Note for Indian companies interested in registering in Malaysia
Enquiries are received by the Indian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur regarding the process to be followed to register a company in Malaysia. In this regard, it would be advisable to follow the following steps:
1. Visit the website of Companies Commission of Malaysia (Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia – SSM) (www.ssm.com.my) whose details are as follows:
Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM)
2. Please click “Publication” tab in the website and then choose “Compendium” and you will get guidelines of “Gearing Up For Business”. This document will guide, in a step wise manner, the process of registration of any company in Malaysia.
3. For further assistance or feedback, you may e-mail at or contact SSM Careline at (E-info counter Level 14). They will also advice on to whom to contact in order to obtain permit/licence from the concerned sector Ministry / agency.
4. After SSM registration, you may approach the concerned sector Ministry /agency in case your business requires permit/licence.
5. Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA): MIDA is the Malaysian Government’s Principal Agency for the promotion of investment in the manufacturing and services sectors in Malaysia. It is a statutory body established in 1967 under MIDA Act. MIDA assists companies which intend to invest in the manufacturing and services sectors as well as facilitates the implementation of their projects. It provides information on the opportunities for investments and facilitates companies which are looking for joint venture partners. Senior representatives from key government agencies such as the Department of Labour, Immigration Department, Royal Malaysian Customs, Department of Environment, Tenaga Nasional Berhad and Telekom Malaysia Berhad are also stationed at MIDA’s headquarters in Kuala Lumpur to advise investors on government policies and procedures. The contact person in MIDA, Kuala Lumpur is as follows:
6. Investors can also contact MIDA’s Mumbai office, whose contact details are given below, for initial discussions and enquiries which coordinates with its Hqrs at Kuala Lumpur.
Mr.Sherulanuar Abd Karim
7. Every foreign company which decides to register as a company in Malaysia, it will need to engage the services of a company secretary to help them complete the company registration process. Details of company secretaries can be obtained from:
The Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretariat and Administration: