Home › Press Releases › General Cultural Scholarship Scheme (GCSS), 2015-16 for Malaysian citizens
General Cultural Scholarship Scheme (GCSS), 2015-16 for Malaysian citizens
The Government of India is offering three scholarships under the General Cultural Scholarship Scheme (GCSS) to meritorious students from Malaysia (Malaysian citizens) for the academic year 2015-16. Students wishing to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate degrees, or research at Indian Universities can apply for the scholarship. The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is administering this scholarship scheme.
2. The scholarship covers all courses except medical-related (MBBS, MD, MS, BDS, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Anaesthesia, etc.) and fashion-related courses. Several institutions in India offering various courses including Engineering / Architecture / Technology, Humanities / Liberal Arts, Commerce, Management / Business Administration, Journalism, Hotel Management, Agriculture, Veterinary / Animal Husbandry, Science, Law, Dance and Music, etc., are covered under this scholarship. The High Commission of India can assist in providing information regarding the educational institutions and the various courses offered in India. Candidates may choose and prioritise up to three Universities of their choice and indicate them. ICCR will try to obtain admission in any of these Universities.
3. The candidates should meet the following selection criteria: (i) the candidate should have the eligibility (qualification) to apply for the course, (ii) should be proficient in English, and (iii) should not have serious health problems. Priority will be given to students who have never studied in India before. Applicants are also advised to do due diligence and research on the specific admission criteria laid down by the various Universities for each course, and ensure that they submit all relevant documentation as required by the Universities in addition to the certificates mentioned in the ICCR Scholarship Application Form.
4. The scholarship covers Tuition Fees, Living Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Contingent Grant, Thesis and Dissertation Expenses. Please note that airfare will NOT be provided under this scholarship scheme.
5. The completed application form as per the guidelines, along with the relevant enclosures and five additional passport size colour photos should be submitted or posted to the address given below, latest by 15th January 2015.
6. The GCSS Application Form can be downloaded from indianhighcommission.com.my/Pdf/GCSS2015-16appln.pdf. For further information, you can also contact: