AYUSH Scholarship Scheme for Malaysia 2014-15
Offer of AYUSH Scholarship for 2014-15 academic session
- The Government of India has announced twenty (20) Scholarships for Malaysian students to pursue courses in Traditional System of Medicine in India for the year 2014-15.
- The High Commission of India welcomes applications from interested Malaysian nationals who wish to pursue courses in Traditional System of Medicine in India from the academic year 2014-15 onwards, for the following courses:
(i) Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery (BAMS) - 11 seats
(ii) Bachelor of Siddha Medicine & Sciences (BSMS) - 5 seats
(iii)Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS) - 2 seats
(iv) Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine & Surgery (BHMS) - 2 seats
- The ICCR application form can be downloaded from this Mission’s website (ICCR Scholarship Application Form 2014-15). The application forms can also be obtained from the Education Wing at the High Commission of India, Kuala Lumpur
- The candidates should meet the following selection criteria: (i) the candidate should have the eligibility to apply for the course (ii) should be proficient in English and (iii) should not have any serious health problems.
- The eligible qualifications for the Bachelors courses are given below:
(b) A Levels
(c) International Baccalaureate
(d) American High School Diploma
(e) 2 years of South Australian Matriculation (SAM)
(f) 2 years of Canadian Pre-University (CPU)
(g) Or other qualifications which are equivalent to 12th standard in India.
- The candidate should have taken the following compulsory subjects at the qualifying examination level: Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English, with minimum 50% marks in each subject.
- The minimum age to apply for these courses is 17 years, as on 1st October in the year of admission. Duration of all the 4 courses listed above is Five & Half (5 ½) years.
- The scholarship provides for Tuition fee, Living Allowance, Contingent Grant, House rent Allowance and Medical benefits (no airfare is provided).
- Interested candidates may fill-in the application form and submit to the Education Wing, High Commission of India, , , Mon', . The last date for receipt of application by the High Commission of India, Kuala Lumpur is 3rd July 2014. For any further information, kindly contact:
Consular & Labour Services