Home › Press Releases › Know India Programme (KIP) for Malaysian youth (18 to 26 years) of Indian origin
The 30th Know India Programme from December 23, 2014 to January 12, 2015 and the 31st ‘Know India Programme’ (KIP) from January 2—22, 2014.
The Government of India will be conducting the 30th ‘Know India Programme’ (KIP) from December 23, 2014 to January 12, 2015 and the 31st ‘Know India Programme’ (KIP) from January 2 to 22, 2015. The KIP is a three-week orientation programme for Malaysian youth of Indian origin for promoting awareness on different facets of life in India as well as to see the progress made in various sectors such as Economic, Industrial, Education, Science & Technology, Communication & Information Technology and Culture. It will also provide a unique forum for students and young professionals of Indian origin share their views, expectations & experiences and to develop closer bonds with contemporary India.
2. The programme is open to Malaysian youths of Indian origin in the age group 18-26 years, as on the first day of the month in which the programme is to commence.
3. The content of the programme broadly includes the following:
4. Applicants for this programme should either be a Graduate or pursuing graduation and should be well versed in English (they should have studied English as a subject at the High School level or should have English as a medium of instruction for graduate degree course) language. They should not have participated in any previous KIP or Internship Programme for Diaspora Youth (IPDY) organized by the Government of India. Those who have not visited India before would be given preference. The applicant should also enclose a medical fitness certificate from a General Physician stating that he/she is medically fit to take part in the 3-week programme in India. They will also have to give an undertaking that they would abide by the regulations of the KIP, which will be conveyed to them.
5. The selected participant will have to take an overseas medical insurance for the duration of the visit in India.
6. The participants will be provided following hospitality / facilities in India:
7. The KIP application form is available at the following link of the High Commission: https://indianhighcommission.com.my/pdf/kip_2014_oct_application.pdf
8. The duly filled-in KIP application form can be submitted in person or by post at the following address before November 10, 2014 for the 30th KIP and November 25, 2014 for the 31st KIP:
High Commission of India,