[Last date: 24.02.2017]
High Commission of India,
Level 28, Menara 1 Mon’t Kiara, No. 1, Jalan Kiara,
Mon’t Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03 6205 2350 ext 203.
Scholarship under Education Exchange Programme (EEP) for the academic year (2017-18) by the Government of India
- Meritorious Malaysian students interested in pursuing Bachelor, Master or Ph.D courses in India may apply for two (2) scholarships offered by the Government of India under Education Exchange Programme (EEP) for the academic year 2017-18.
- Applicants should meet the eligibility criteria for the course mentioned in the website of the University/College concerned where admission is being considered and ensure that they submit all relevant documents as required by the Universities. Preference will be given to those applicants who never studied in India before. The scholarship is available for courses including Engineering, Architecture, Humanities, Liberal Arts, Commerce, Management, Business Administration, Journalism, Hotel Management, Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Animal Husbandry, Science, Law, etc.
- Medical-related courses such as Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Anaesthesia, etc., and Fashion-related courses are not covered under the EEP.
- Applicants may kindly refer to the University Grants Commission’s website (ugc.ac.in) for the list of various universities in India as well as the website of the university concerned for details of courses and the eligibility criteria. It may kindly be noted that the marks in the application form have to be entered in percentage. Photocopies of passport, certificates/transcripts and certified English translations of documents which are not in English language, should also be attached with the application form.
- A list of Universities where ICCR scholars from Malaysia are currently studying is also available at the link www.indianhighcommission.com.my/Pdf/UnivsICCRstusStudying2016-17.pdf
- The scholarship covers tuition fees, living allowance, house rent allowance, contingency grant, thesis/dissertation expense and medical benefits but does not cover airfare.
- An advance typed copy of the completed application with relevant enclosures may kindly be sent by e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org> in PDF format.
- The hard copy of the application along with the relevant enclosures and 5 additional passport size photographs should be received at the following address by02.2017:
Education Wing (EEP Scholarship),
High Commission of India,
Menara 1 Mon’t Kiara,
Level 28, No. 1, Jalan Kiara,
Mont’ Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03 6205 2350 ext 203
- The EEP Application Form can be downloaded from the link <www.indianhighcommission.com.my/Pdf/EEP2017-18ApplicationForm.pdf>.
8th February 2017