General Scholarship Scheme (GSS)
[Last date for receipt of applications by the High Commission of India, Kuala Lumpur: 23.01.2017.]
The Government of India is offering three (3) scholarships under the General Scholarship Scheme (GSS) to meritorious students from Malaysia wishing to pursue Bachelors / Masters / Ph.D. / Dance & Music courses at Indian Universities for the academic year 2017-18. The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is administering the EEP.
2. The scholarship covers all courses except medical-related courses (Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Physiotherapy, etc.). Several institutions in India offering various courses including Engineering / Architecture / Technology, Humanities / Liberal Arts, Commerce, Management / Business Administration, Journalism, Hotel Management, Agriculture, Veterinary / Animal Husbandry, Science, Law, Dance & Music, etc., are covered under this scholarship.
3. Candidates wishing to apply for the GSS may refer to the University Grants Commission’s website (www.ugc.ac.in) for the list of various universities in India as well as the website of the concerned university for the eligibility criteria. Applicants should meet the eligibility criteria for the course mentioned in the website of the University/College concerned where admission is being considered and ensure that they submit all relevant documents as required by the Universities. Preference will be given to those applicants who never studied in India before.
4. A list of Universities where ICCR scholars are currently studying is also available at the link <www.indianhighcommission.com.my/Pdf/UnivsICCRstusStudying2016-17.pdf>
5. Candidates applying for Bachelor in Engineering should have taken Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English at the qualifying level examination (STPM / A Levels / IB / American High School Diploma / 2 years of South Australian Matriculation / 2 years of Canadian Pre-University / Indian 12th standard).
6. The scholarship covers Tuition Fees, Living Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Contingent Grant, Thesis and Dissertation Expense, and Medical benefits, but does not cover airfare.
7. Candidates applying for science courses, will also have to bear expenditure on laboratory chemicals and other related incidental charges.
8. An advance typed copy of the completed application with relevant enclosures may kindly be sent by e-mail to <email@example.com> in PDF format. The hard copy of the application along with enclosures and 5 additional passport size photographs should be received at the following address by 23.01.2017.
Education Wing (GSS Scholarship),
9. The marks in the application form have to be entered in percentage. Please enclose a copy of passport and qualifying certificates / transcripts. Certified translations of documents which are not in English, should be attached to the respective documents. Five additional passport size colour photos, in addition to the photos pasted on the application forms, may please be enclosed.
10. The GSS Application Form can be downloaded from the link <www.indianhighcommission.com.my/Pdf/GSS-2017-18-Instructions-Application Form.pdf>