High Commission of India,
Scholarship under Education Exchange Programme (EEP) for the academic year (2015-16) by the Government of India
[Last date for receiving application at the High Commission of India, Kuala Lumpur: 25.02.2015]
The Government of India is offering two scholarships under the Education Exchange Programme (EEP) to meritorious students from Malaysia for the academic year 2015-16. Students wishing to pursue Bachelors / Masters / Research courses (M.Phil, Ph.D., Post-Doctoral) at Indian Universities can apply for the scholarship. The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is administering the EEP.
2. The scholarship covers all courses except medical-related courses (Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Physiotherapy, etc.). Several institutions in India offering various courses including Engineering / Architecture / Technology, Humanities / Liberal Arts, Commerce, Management / Business Administration, Journalism, Hotel Management, Agriculture, Veterinary / Animal Husbandry, Science, Law, Dance and Music, etc., are covered under this scholarship.
3. Candidates wishing to apply for the EEP may refer to the University Grants Commission’s website (www.ugc.ac.in) for the list of various universities in India as well as the website of the concerned university for the eligibility criteria. A list of Universities where ICCR scholars are studying is also available at the link <www.indianhighcommission.com.my/Pdf/UnivsICCRstusStudying2015-16.pdf>
4. The candidates should meet the following selection criteria: (i) should have the eligibility (qualification) to apply for the course, (ii) should be proficient in English, and (iii) should not have serious health problems. Priority will be given to students who have never studied in India before. Prospective students should do due diligence & research on the specific admission criteria laid down by the various Universities for each course, and ensure that they submit all relevant documentation as required by the Universities in addition to the certificates mentioned in the application form.
5. Candidates applying for Bachelor in Engineering should have taken Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English at the qualifying level examination (STPM / A Levels / International Baccalaureate / American High School Diploma / 2 years of South Australian Matriculation / 2 years of Canadian Pre-University).
6. The scholarship covers Tuition Fees, Living Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Contingent Grant, Thesis and Dissertation Expense, and Medical benefits. Please note that airfare will have to be borne by the applicant, under this scholarship scheme.
7. Candidates applying for science courses, will also have to bear expenditure on laboratory chemicals and other related incidental charges.
8. Two copies of the duly filled-in EEP Application Forms, along with the enclosures should be received (by person or by post) at the address given below, latest by 25th February 2015.
9. The marks in the application form have to be entered in percentage. Please enclose a copy of passport and qualifying certificates / transcripts. Certified translations of documents which are not in English, should be attached to the respective documents. Five additional passport size colour photos, in addition to the photos pasted on the application forms, may please be enclosed.
10. The EEP Application Form can be downloaded from the link < www.indianhighcommission.com.my/Pdf/EEP2015-16ApplicationForm.pdf>.
06th February 2015